Welcome back to school! We are excited for the 2018-19 school year to begin. With that brings the return of our fall sports teams and contests. Included below is important information for the upcoming year in athletics.
-We first would like to thank Mrs. Kim Perkins for her dedicated service as Athletic Secretary over the past three years and welcome Mrs. Christa Osborn to the same position. Mrs. Osborn comes to Prairie from Wainwright Middle School and is excited to be get started.
-In order to be eligible to compete in sports at Clinton Prairie, students must have…
- a sports physical on file in the Athletic Office dated April 1, 2018 or after. A reminder that Clinton Prairie offers physicals at school each Spring for $25.
- registered on FinalForms and completed the necessary paper work online. Parents and athletes can access FinalForms at www.clintonprairie-in.finalforms.com. This is the athletic management system that will be used moving forward.
- met all academic requirements. Please see your coach, Mr. Eaton, or a counselor for more information.
-All Sports passes are available in the High School Office and will be sold at fall sports events. Save yourself time and money by purchasing your pass today. These passes are good for all Clinton Prairie home events for the 2018-19 school year excluding IHSAA sanctioned tournaments.
- 2018 Prices: Students-$40, Senior Citizens-$40, Adults-$100, Family-$250
-Fall Recognition Nights:
- Youth Football and Cheerleading Night: Aug. 31 vs. Clinton Central
- Homecoming: Sept. 14 vs. Sheridan
- Senior Night: Sept. 28 vs. Taylor (Football, Cheerleading, Marching Band, Girls Golf, Cross Country)
- Youth Night: TBA
- Senior Night: Oct. 4 vs. Clinton Central
-Over the summer, several changes were approved to the athletic handbook. While there were many minor adjustments made, the big news revolves around letter jackets. Any athlete who has lettered in a varsity sport can purchase a jacket after their freshman year. We anticipate this tweak allowing our student athletes ample opportunities to wear their jacket and show their Prairie Pride. Those wishing to order jackets should see Mr. Eaton in the Athletic Office. All “CP” letters, numerals, and chevrons will still be supplied by the Athletic Department.
-Several of our athletic teams are selling discount cards for $20 and include numerous local businesses. Please consider supporting our teams and entire athletic department by purchasing one. The cards pay for themselves after just a couple of uses.
-Interested in being a Clinton Prairie Athletic Booster? Stay tuned for more information in the coming year about how you can help support all our Gopher athletes and teams. Organizational meeting times for the new booster club will be released soon.
-Athletes will once again be charged a transportation fee in 2018-19. High School athletes will have a $25 fee per sport while Junior High athletes will be charged $15/sport. The maximum transportation fees for a family is $100.
-We would like to thank all those who donated to Clinton Prairie Athletics in memory of Bryson Haynes. With the consent of the Haynes Family, we appropriated those funds towards the purchase of a new sound system for the football field. It sounds great and we hope you enjoy the upgraded sound this season. We also were able to upgrade the sound system at the softball field over the summer.
We hope everyone has had a great summer and we look forward to seeing you all at an athletic event soon.