Hello Gophers! I hope everyone enjoyed their Fall Break. Here is the latest from the Athletic Department:
- The Football team turned in a dominating performance in the opening round of Sectionals versus Wes-Del. The Gophers came away with a 20-6 victory and advance to play at Union City on Friday night. Jacob Fullerton, Kade Osborn, and Jacob Baker led the Gophers potent rushing attack while Brock Fingerle grabbed a TD catch and had a key pick on the goal line to thwart a potential tying score late in the first half. The entire defense played an outstanding game. The game tomorrow night starts at 7 PM.
- The Volleyball team came out strong in the Taylor Regional winning the first set over Tipton 25-18. Unfortunately, the Gophers could not sustain their momentum and eventually fell 3-1 against Tipton. Please congratulate Coach Schilling and the girls on an outstanding season. Doing some quick math, the team captured CP’s 51st Sectional and 100th Conference title.
- The Cross Country season also came to a close last weekend as Melody Tolley and Rebekah Lloyd competed in the New Prairie Semi-State. Melody finished 53rd and Rebekah 74th out of over 190 runners.
- The Cheerleading team will perform this Saturday in the state qualifier. Best of luck to Coach Scott and the girls.
- The Girls Basketball team will host a scrimmage Saturday against Southmont at 11AM.
Important Dates to mark on your calendar:
- Monday, October 29th, 6pm: Choir and Band Concert followed by SLAM trick or treat.
- Tuesday, October 30th, 7pm in the Cafeteria: Gopher Athletic Booster Club Meeting. We would love to see more participation in the Booster Club as we try to build spirit and raise additional funds for our athletic teams. Everyone is invited and welcome to attend the meeting.
- Thursday, November 1st, 6pm. Girls Basketball season opener vs. Fountain Central
- Saturday, November 3rd: Girls Basketball vs. Covington, 6pm. Elementary Dance Clinic
- Monday, November 5th, 7pm: Fall Awards Program
- Wednesday, November 21st, 6pm. Boys Basketball season opener vs. Frankfort. There will also be a fish fry in the cafeteria from 4-7pm that benefits our entire athletic department. Tickets will be on sale next starting next week.
- Saturday, December 8th, 9am: The Wrestling team hosts the CP Invite
- Friday, January 11th: Hardwood
- Friday, January 18th: Girls Basketball Senior Night
- Saturday, February 9th: Hall of Fame Inductions
- Saturday, February 15th: Elementary Cheer Clinic
- Tuesday, February 19th: Boys Basketball Senior Night
Check our the schedule on email@example.com to see complete schedules for our Winter sports.