Hey there Gopher Nation! It was a great week for our Prairie athletic teams. Here is the latest news and notes from the Athletic Department:
- The Clinton Prairie Athletic Booster Club is closer to becoming a reality. We hope to open membership up in January and host elections in February but we still have a couple of hurdles to clear before then. I want to thank all of those who have helped us on our journey to this point. Their input has been very beneficial. Stay tuned for more details.
- The Wrestling team just hosted the annual Clinton Prairie Invite on Saturday as we hosted 15 teams. Four Prairie wrestlers made the semi-finals with Alec Sherrick wrestling in the championship match. The other three semi-finalists were Jamie Escareno, Sean Patrick, and Dylan McKinney. A special thank you to all of those who assisted with the tournament. It takes a team effort to host a major tournament and the support of so many was greatly appreciated.
- The Girls Basketball team wrapped up victories over Tri-Central and Attica last week. The win over the Trojans improved the Girls record to 2-0 in the HHC. The team hosts Twin Lakes for a Varsity only game on Thursday at 6:30PM before traveling to Tri-County on Saturday for an 11:00AM game.
- The Boys Basketball team responded to a loss at Central Catholic on Friday with a come from behind victory over future HHC foe Delphi. With the victory, the Gophers improved to 2-3 on the young season. The Gophers travel to Frontier on Friday and host Faith Christian on Saturday this week. Both are 6pm tip offs.
- I also wanted to send a special shout out to our Cheerleaders, Prairiettes, and Gopher Gang for the energy they have been bringing this season! Our athletes and teams appreciate your support. Several officials have mentioned how great the atmosphere has been at our basketball games this season. Keep bringing it Gophers!
Have a great week Gophers!