Here is the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics:
- The Wrestling team defeated HHC foe Sheridan last Wednesday to improve their record to 10-4 heading in to the Mac Invite at Maconaquah last weekend. Senior Sam Gonzalez secured the Gopher victory with a pin. Ashton Wright, Sean Patrick, and Dylan McKinney all pinned their Blackhawk opponent while Drew Duarte had a big come from behind decision late in the 3rd period. The wrestlers travel to Eastern on Tuesday before participating in the Tri-Central duals on Saturday of this week.
- The Lady Gophers picked up a big win over the break by defeating Taylor on Dec. 28th. The girls team is the lone undefeated team in the HHC with three conference games to play. The Lady Gophers also defeated Sectional foe Seeger on the road before falling late to Western Boone last week. Up next for the team is a road trip to North White on Tuesday before hosting Carroll as part of a triple header on Friday. The girls game should start around 6:30pm on Friday night. Over the break the Girls JV team captured the Indiana Kitchen Classic title.
- The Boys Basketball team lost a tough battle this past Friday night at home against Rossville in OT. The Gophers entered the game having won six straight after capturing their 4th consecutive Holiday Tourney at Clinton Central prior to New Years. The JV Gophers also captured their Holiday Tourney title for the 5th consecutive year. Up this week for the Boys is Carroll at home on Friday and they travel to Crawfordsville on Saturday. The Friday schedule is slightly different with JV Boys starting at 5:30 PM, Varsity Girls playing around 6:30 PM, and Varsity Boys tipping off around 8:00PM.
- If you haven’t heard already, the Clinton Prairie Athletic Booster Club is accepting membership registrations. Cost is just $25 for the entire household if turned in by February 5, 2019 and runs through June 30, 2020. Cost increases to $40 after February 5th. This is a great opportunity for Gopher Nation to support their student athletes. Please consider joining today! Elections for the first board will be held on February 5th at 7:00PM in the cafeteria. Registration Form
- Linked is the full schedule for this week Click Here
Have a great week Gophers!