Good morning Gophers! Here is the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics:
- Girls Basketball defeated HHC foe Carroll on Friday night in the middle of a triple header on Gopher Gameday. The win not only kept the Gophers atop the HHC standings but also was Coach Amie Anthrop’s 100th career win. Congratulations Amie!!! This week is a big week for the Lady Gophers as they host the Hot Dogs on Tuesday night and play for at least a share of the HHC title on Friday against Eastern in a Boys/Girls doubleheader. Friday night will also be the final home game for Seniors Tatum Neal and Liz Perez. The Sectional draw for the Girls will be held Sunday, January 20 and is hosted by Central Catholic. The Lady Gophers are 14-5 overall and 5-0 in the HHC.
- The Boys Basketball team also defeated Carroll at the JV and Varsity levels to secure the 3-game sweep on Gopher Gameday last Friday night. Their Saturday contest against Crawfordsville was postponed to Tuesday, February 12th due to the snow. Just over halfway through the season the Gophers are 8-4 overall and 2-1 in the conference. This Friday they host Eastern, who is currently 5-0 in the HHC, before traveling to Tri-County on Saturday night.
- The Wrestling team was canceled on Saturday as the Tri-Central Duals were called off due to the snow. The Gophers travel to Western Boone on Tuesday to compete in their final dual of the season in preparation for Saturday’s HHC Meet at Clinton Central. The Gophers finished 2nd in conference last season and are hoping for another top 2 finish again this season. Sam Gonzalez and Jared Ray are defending conference champions in their respective weight classes.
- A reminder about Booster Club registrations… $25 before Feb. 5th and $40 after that date. This includes membership for the entire household and runs through June 30, 2020. There will be a workshop on January 29th at 7pm in the cafeteria. This date will move to January 30th if the Lady Gophers draw a Sectional game on the 29th. Officer elections will take place February 5th at 7pm in the cafeteria. (Registration Form)
- Gopher Gang shirts are on sale in the Athletic Office and cost $10.
- A link to all events this weekend… (Click here)
I also wanted to send a special thank you to everyone who made Friday night so much fun. The faculty cheer block was fun and once again the Gopher Gang provided a great atmosphere for both of our teams. Thank you to all our fans, event workers, coaches, and student athletes for a great night. It was definitely #GopherGreat!
Have a great week Gophers!