Here is the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics:
- The Wrestling team finished 3rd last night at the HHC conference meet at Clinton Central behind Eastern and Delphi. The Gophers were led by Senior Caiden Maish, who won the individual title in the 195 lb weight class. The Gophers will participate in the Frankfort Sectional this Saturday. Good luck Gophers!
- The Girls Basketball team wrapped up another HHC conference title this past Friday night as they defeated Eastern to earn at least a share of the crown. They compete this Friday at Clinton Central to earn the title outright. The Girls also celebrated Senior night by honoring Liz Perez and Tatum Neal this past Friday. The Lady Gophers compete in the Central Catholic Sectional and will be action in the second game on Wednesday, January 30th, against Fountain Central. Good luck Lady Gophers!!!
- After not being in a gym since last Friday night due to weather, the Gophers traveled to Tri-County last night and defeated the Cavaliers. The win improved their record to 9-5 on the season. The Gophers will play Friday night at Clinton Central in an important county and conference contest.
- The next Athletic Booster Club workshop will be next Tuesday, January 29th, at 7pm in the school’s cafeteria. The meeting will mainly be preparations for the upcoming Booster Club elections, which will take place February 5th at 7pm in the cafeteria. Registration forms are available online, in the Athletic Office, or in the High School Office.
- The Clinton Prairie Athletic Hall of Fame will induct the Class of 2019 on Saturday, February 9th, at halftime of the Boys Basketball game against Covington. The 1984 Volleyball team was selected by the committee this year. The Lady Gophers were crowned State Champions that year in the single class format and finished the season undefeated. A reception will be held for the team prior to the induction ceremony in the school’s cafeteria. Congratulations to all coaches, players, and managers on the 1984 Volleyball team. You were truly Gopher Great!