Here is the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics:
- The Booster Club is set to meet Tuesday, January 29th, to make final preparations for the upcoming officer elections on Tuesday, February 5th. In order to run for office an individual needs to be a member of the booster club. Anyone interested in running for office can either submit their name to me via email or attend the meeting on February 5th. You do not need to be present on the 5th to run for office, but again, you do need to be a member. Membership forms can be found by clicking here. Cost of the membership is just $25 and includes all family members living in the household. The membership runs through June 30, 2020.
- The Girls Basketball team wrapped up their regular season with a win over Clinton Central Friday night. The girls captured the HHC title with a perfect 7-0 record and currently stand 17-5 on the year heading into Sectionals. The Lady Gophers face Fountain Central on Wednesday night at about 7:30pm at Central Catholic. Good luck Lady Gophers!!!
- The Boys Basketball team went 2-0 on the week with road victories over Tri-County and Clinton Central. The wins improve the Boys record to 10-5 on the season. On the schedule this week is a road game at North White on Saturday afternoon. The JV game is scheduled to tip off at 1PM. In addition, Junior Grant McGraw’s deep three pointer against Eastern on 1/18 was selected as the ISC Network’s Play of the Week. Thank you to all of those who voted.
- The Wrestling team competed in both the HHC meet on Tuesday and the Sectionals on Saturday of last week. The Gophers finished 3rd in conference and were led by Conference Champion Caiden Maish, who claimed victory at 195lbs. Caiden also qualified for Regionals along with Sean Patrick at 285lbs. Congratulations to both wrestlers advancing and to the entire team for another successful season.
- For a full list of this week’s events please click here.
Have a great week and GO GOPHERS!!!