Here is the latest news and notes from the Clinton Prairie Athletic Department…
- Senior wrestler Caiden Maish became the first Gopher in nearly ten years to qualify for Semi-State after finishing fourth in the North Montgomery Regional this past Saturday. Please congratulate Caiden on his accomplishment and wish him the best of luck at the New Castle Semi-State this coming Saturday. Sophomore Sean Patrick also competed in the Regional for the Gophers.
- The Girls Basketball team suffered a loss in the semi-finals of the Sectionals to 21-3 Seeger. It was a tough way to end the season but the girls should be proud of their accomplishments. They finished 18-6 playing a tougher schedule and were crowned conference champions. Great season ladies!
- The Boys Basketball team defeated North White on Saturday afternoon to improve to 10-5 on the season. Up next is a road trip to Taylor on Friday followed by a home game vs. Covington on Saturday.
- The Class of 2019 will be inducted into the Clinton Prairie Athletic Hall of Fame on Saturday night. Being honored is the 1984 Volleyball team, which went undefeated and claimed Clinton Prairie’s first state championship in any sport while still competing in the single class system. The ceremony will take place at halftime of the Varsity Boys game vs. Covington.
- Athletic Booster Club elections are tomorrow night (2/5) at 7pm in the cafeteria. The cost to join the booster club is just $25 for the entire family but will increase to $40 after Tuesday night.
- Schedule changes from last week:
- JH Girls Basketball at Carroll will now be played on March 6.
- JH Wrestling County Meet will now be held tomorrow, February 5.
Have a great week Gophers!