Here is the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics:
- The Baseball team is off to a hot start after picking up wins over Oak Hill and Southmont and sweeping a DH with Tri-County. The Gophers currently sit at 4-1 after the first week of the season with games scheduled tonight at home vs. Faith Christian, at Delphi Wednesday, at Cardinal Ritter Thursday, at the Lebanon Tournament on Saturday.
- The Softball team opened HHC with a 5-inning run rule victory over county rival Rossville on Saturday. The Gophers are currently 2-3 with all three defeats coming against ranked foes. The Lady Gophers host Lafayette Jeff Tuesday, travel to Delphi Wednesday, and host the 6-team CP Classic on Saturday.
- The Boys Golf team opens their season tonight at Rossville in what should be a great night for an opening round of the season.
- The Junior High and Varsity track teams both host meets this week with the Junior High hosting Southwestern tonight and the Varsity hosting Taylor on Tuesday. Come see your track athletes as both team only have two home meets this year.
Other Dates of Note:
- Athletes interested in signing up for the Sports Physical Night on April 24th can do so in the Athletic Office starting today. The physical night will be 6-8pm in the Multipurpose room and costs just $25. A reminder that all athletes participating in school sponsored summer activities or workouts will need a physical dated 4/1/19 or later to be eligible. This is IHSAA and school policy.
- Spring Sports Awards Night has been scheduled for Tuesday, June 4th at 7:00PM.