Here is the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics…
- The Track and Field teams competed in the Sectional last week. Senior Alyssa Lukasik claimed the Sectional Championship for the High Jump for the third consecutive year. She is the lone Gopher advancing to Regionals and will compete Tuesday night at 6pm at Lafayette Jeff. Alyssa needs to clear 5’4 1/2″ to automatically qualify for the State Meet or finish in the top 3. She is currently seeded second and cleared 5’4″ at the Sectional. Congratulations to all participants on this year’s team.
- The Golf team will compete in the County Meet this Wednesday and Thursday at Frankfort. The Gophers will also play in the Sectional at Coyote Crossing on Saturday, June 1st.
- The Baseball team suffered losses to Tipton and Carroll before rebounding with a win over Hamilton Heights and splitting a DH with 1A #8 Covington on Saturday. The Gophers play at Seeger tonight before opening Sectional play at Delphi to those same Carroll Cougars. With a win, Prairie will advance to Monday’s Sectional semifinals and finals. All games are played at Delphi High School.
- The Softball team finished strong with victories over Carroll and West Lafayette to close out the 2019 regular season. The Lady Gophers play tonight at Rossville in the Sectional. With a win over Tri-County, the Gophers would advance to Wednesday’s semifinals. The championship will be played on Thursday night. All games are played at Rossville High School.
- Those interested in sponsoring or participating in the Gopher Golf Outing should follow the link (Gopher Golf Scramble). The outing will be held at Deer Track on Friday, June 21st. Proceeds will benefit the booster club and athletic department.
- Spring Sport Awards Night is Tuesday, June 4th at 7pm in the Auditorium.
Have a great week and GO GOPHERS!