Here are the latest news and notes from Clinton Prairie Athletics:
- The next Booster Club Meeting is tonight (Monday, 8/26) at 7PM in the administration building. The officers welcome all members to attend. Those who are not currently members but would like to join can do so prior to the meeting.
- The Football team opened their 2019 campaign with an emphatic 52-12 win over Park Tudor. The Gophers were able to do what they wanted offensively and controlled the line of scrimmage on defense. Next up for Prairie is the second of three straight road games as they travel to Attica on Friday night. The JV team fell to Lafayette Jeff 32-20 and the Junior High team defeated Wainwright 14-12 when they denied a 2pt conversion with under :30 left in the game. The JV will host Harrison on Saturday and the Junior High will travel to Fountain Central on Tuesday night.
- The Volleyball team captured their first win of 2019 with a come from behind victory over North Montgomery at home on Thursday night. The Lady Gophers were defeated earlier in the week by WeBoand their record currently stands at 1-1. This week the team is action at Faith Christian on Tuesday, open HHC play at Carroll on Thursday (6:30 Varsity only), and compete in the Huntington North Invite on Saturday.
- The Cross Country teams competed on another difficult course this past Saturday at Southwestern Shelby in the Small School Invite. Both teams will compete in the CP Invite tomorrow night (Tuesday) against Frontier, Delphi, Tipton, and Clinton Central before traveling to Wea Ridge Middle School for the Mav Stampede on Saturday. The Junior High will also open their season at the Mav Stampede.
- The Girls Golf team hosts county rival Clinton Central and University on Tuesday night at Deer Track. The girls tee off at 4:45pm. Last week the ladies lost a close match to Rossville and split a three way with Pioneer and Delphi. The originally scheduled meet for this Thursday at North Montgomery (Rocky Ridge) has been moved to Tuesday, Sept. 3.
Have a great week Gophers!