Here are the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics:
- The football team dropped to 3-2 after suffering a 47-38 road loss to Sheridan. The Gophers used their quick scoring offense throughout the night and scored on just one play several times. This week the Gophers host Delphi for another great high school football matchup. All Prairie youth football players and cheerleaders will be recognized at halftime. Come out and support your Gopher team this Friday night. JV Football travels to Sheridan tonight at 6pm and the JH plays Sheridan on Tuesday at 7pm.
- The Lady Gopher volleyball team picked up four victories this past week. They defeated Tri-County, Sheridan, and Taylor before going 1-3 in the Jeff Invitation on Saturday. The Gophers have a huge home match on Thursday versus county rival Frankfort. Come out and cheer your Lady Gophers on to victory! The JH Girls host East Tipp (8th only) on Wednesday and Carroll (7/8th) on Thursday. The EL Girls host Frankfort (6th only) on Monday and Clinton Central (5/6th) on Wednesday night.
- Best of luck to our Girls Golf team as they compete in the Lafayette Jeff Sectional today at Coyote Crossing. The girls tee off at 11am.
- The Boys and Girls Cross Country teams competed in the New Prairie Invitational this past weekend. With hundreds of runners, the Boys finished in 14th place while the Girls finished in 13th. Seniors Melody Tolley (6th) and Rebekah Lloyd (16th) placed in the top 20 on the Girls side while Logan Barrett was the top finisher on the boys side in 47th place.
- The next Booster Club meeting is Wednesday night at 7pm. We hope to see everyone in the corporation office.
Have a great week and Go Gophers!