Here are the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics:
- Key upcoming dates:
- Volleyball Senior Night: Tuesday, Oct. 1
- Senior Night for Football, Cheerleading, Girls Golf, Cross Country, Band: Friday, Oct. 11
- Cross Country Sectionals: Saturday, Oct. 12
- Volleyball Sectionals: starts on Tuesday, Oct. 15
- Football Sectionals: starts on Friday, Oct. 25
- Fundraiser at Chipotle in Lafayette: Monday, Nov. 4, 5:00-9:00 PM
- Fall Sport Awards Night: Wednesday, Nov. 6
- The Volleyball team lost to Frankfort 3-1 last Thursday night. The Lady Gophers host Eastern at home on Senior Night this Tuesday and also host County rival Rossville at home on Thursday of this week. The JV girls travel to Jeff for a tournament on Saturday. The 8th grade team host Wainwright on Tuesday while traveling to Zionsville West on Wednesday and Clinton Central on Thursday. The Elementary plays several games throughout the week and hosts Northridge (6th) on Thursday before hosting their own tourney on Saturday.
- The Cross Country had a big weekend this Saturday as both the Boys and the Girls teams won the Clinton Central Invite. The Girls had a 1-2 finish of Melody Tolley and Rebekah Lloyd while Zoe Beard finished 5th. The boys placed several in the Top 10 with Tony Perez (3rd), Logan Barrett (6th), Alex Brettnacher (8th), and Brody Cooke (9th). Both the JH and HS teams will run at Camp Cullom on Tuesday, Oct. 1. The HS race will start at 4:45 (boys and girls together) and will be followed by the Junior High races. The HHC Meet for both teams is Saturday at Jackson Morrow Park in Kokomo. The event starts at 9am.
- The Football team lost a battle to Delphi at home on Friday night. They return to action on Friday at Taylor. The JV team looks to remain undefeated in the HHC when they host Delphi tonight. The JH puts their undefeated season on the line Tuesday night at home versus the same Oracles from Delphi. Both games start at 6pm and are at Clinton Prairie.
- The Booster Club is hosting a Fundraiser Night at Chipotle in Lafayette on Monday, Nov. 4th from 5-9pm. 33% of all food sales go back to the Booster Club. Be sure to show the flyer in order to get credit for CP. (see image below for more details)
Have a great week Gophers!