Here are the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics…
- The Wrestling team opened their season at Winamac on Saturday finishing 3-2 on the day. Mathew Schilling, Jason Stevens, and Sean Patrick all claimed individual titles as each went 5-0 on the day. The team’s victory over Delphi gave Head Coach Chase Thompson his first career win. The wrestlers host the CP Invite on Saturday with 14 teams scheduled to visit Prairie.
- The Boys Basketball team recovered from their season opening loss last week and easily defeated Sheridan on Friday and Seeger on Saturday. The victory over Sheridan not only has the boys 1-0 in the HHC but was also Head Coach Chad Peckinpaugh’s first career win. The JV team also improved to 2-1 on the season. This week the boys travel to Delphi for another HHC showdown.
- The Girls Basketball team continued their dominance in the HHC with an easy victory over Sheridan on Friday night. The girls now sit at 6-2 overall, and 3-0 in the HHC. This week the Girls pack their bags for three road trips with games at HHC foe Tri-Central on Tuesday, Attica on Thursday, and Frontier on Saturday.
- The 8th Grade JH Boys team defeated Clinton Central in the County Tourney on Saturday while finishing 3rd. The 7th Grade took down Rossville and Frankfort to claim the County Championship for their 3rd consecutive year. The JH Boys will have several home games this week with the 7th Grade hosting WeBo on Tuesday, both teams playing LCC on Wednesday, and both hosting Rossville on Thursday.
- Even though they don’t compete in any competitions this season, I also wanted to congratulate our Prairiettes, Cheerleaders, and the Gopher Gang for providing a great gameday atmosphere for our winter athletes and fans. I would also like to thank Mr. Allen for his encouragement and help with building the Gopher Gang. Let’s keep the positive school spirit going strong!
Have a great week Gophers!