Here are the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics…
- The Girls Basketball team continues to roll after picking up their 9th straight victory this weekend. The girls defeated a solid Seeger team before beating Western Boone on Saturday. The Lady Gophers are currently undefeated in conference play (5-0) with an important road game at Carroll on Friday. In addition, the girls host North White on Tuesday night on Teacher Appreciation Night.
- The Boys Basketball team looked sharp Friday night in an 87-27 victory over Tri-County after suffering just their second setback earlier in the week in a spirited contest to Central Catholic. The Gopher men are also undefeated in conference play and will also travel to Carroll this Friday night in their only contest of the week.
- The Wrestling team represented Prairie very well at the Mac Invite at Maconaquah this past weekend. The Gophers claimed three individual titles while finishing 7th as a team. Jason Stevens, Mathew Schilling, and Sean Patrick claimed championships at their respective weight classes. The Gophers are back in action Tuesday night as they host Eastern in an HHC dual matchup.
- The Junior High Boys Basketball team will host Rossville tonight in the inaugural HHC tournament. If the boys win they will move on to face Carroll on Tuesday. The Semi-finals and Championship are at Taylor on Saturday.
- Dale Simmons and Dan Cochran were inducted into the Clinton Prairie Athletic Hall of Fame on Friday night. Dale (Class of 1976) and Dan (Class of 1978) were both in attendance for the Varsity halftime ceremony along with their families. Congratulations once again to these two Gopher Greats!