Here are the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics…
- Three wrestlers competed in Regionals this weekend at North Montgomery. Senior Mathew Schilling was able to pin his first opponent of the day and advance to the Semi-State next week at New Castle. Unfortunately, his other two teammates were not able to extend their season as both Sean Patrick and Jason Stevens were defeated in their opening round match. Best of luck to Mathew next weekend!
- The Boys Basketball team won an exciting contest on Saturday at Rossville and earned at least a share of the HHC title. Down most of the game, the Gophers clawed their way back and took the lead late. With Prairie up three with 2.3 seconds remaining, Rossville hit a 3/4 court shot at the buzzer to extend the game. It would take two overtimes, but the Gophers managed to come out victorious. Up this week are a rescheduled home game vs. North White on Tuesday (Elementary Cheer Night) and a road trip to Covington on Saturday.
- 3/4 court shot in case you missed it: Link
- The Lady Gophers’ season came to end this week in Sectionals. While their ultimate goal of advancing deep in the IHSAA tournament didn’t come to fruition, the girls played extremely hard this season and beat some pretty good teams while capturing their second straight HHC crown. Good season ladies!
- The CP Athletic Boosters Bowl-A-Thon is scheduled for February 23rd from 3-5pm at Arrowhead Bowl in Lafayette. Lanes are now open for all CP community members. Clubs, Sports, and other school groups can still turn in their registration even if they missed the Feb. 6th deadline. All proceeds benefit Prairie students and athletes. Please visit @CPAthBoosters on Twitter or email email@example.com for more information.
- Rescheduled Contests:
- Boys JV/V Basketball vs. North White: now Tuesday, February 11th
- Girls 5/6th Grade Basketball vs. St. Boniface: TBD
- Girls JH Girls Basketball vs. Carroll: TBD
- JH Wrestling County Meet at Rossville: now Wedneday, February 19th (Southwestern/Wainwright meet scheduled that night now canceled)
- Girls 6th Grade Basketball vs. Rossville (scheduled for 2/11): now Monday, February 24th
- Boys FR/C Basketball at Clinton Central (scheduled for 2/11): now Tuesday, February 18th
- Boys FR/C Basketball vs. Delphi: now Monday, February 17th
- Other important upcoming dates:
- Senior Night: Boys Basketball, Cheerleading, Prairiettes, Pep Band, Wrestling- Friday, Feb. 28th during Boys Game vs. Western Boone
- Boys Basketball Sectionals: March 3rd, 6th, and 7th at Western Boone (Draw is Sunday, February 23rd)
- Winter Awards Night: Tuesday, March 17th
Have a great week and GO GOPHERS!