The following information was sent to all parents and athletes who are registered on FinalForms earlier this week. If you are not registered on FinalForms, please visit https://clintonprairie-in.finalforms.com/ to do so. All high school and junior high athletes are required to have a completed Final Forms account in order to be eligible to participate.
We are closer to releasing the “Return to Play” plan for our athletic department and need just one more approval before releasing it to the masses. FinalForms shoud have our Covid waivers updated in the next day or two. Once they are I will notify families of that so everyone can update the parent and student signature portion. There is also an update to the physical portion of the forms that is required by the IHSAA. It should already be active and will need to be completed by parents. In the meantime, I wanted to release the schedules for our athletic teams for this summer, which are able to start the week of July 6th. Keep in mind the schedules are subject to change over the course of the summer, but the current plan is listed below. Keep in mind that athletes are limited to 15 hours total in a week between all sports. All of the workouts below are within the IHSAA guidelines limiting sports to two (2) three hour workouts per week and four (4) two hour conditioning sessions per week as a sport. The rules will be included in the “Return to Play” document in greater detail. In addition, here are some things for parents and athletes to prepare for:
- Athletes will be expected to check their temperatures before leaving for any activity and need to stay home if the temperature is over 100.0 and/or the athlete is experiencing symptoms that could be Covid related. They will be included in the document.
- Athletes will be screened by the trainer and/or coach prior to entering the building or participating in any practice. That information will be documented.
- No locker rooms will be available until August 3.
- Athletes should not arrive more than 15 minutes early and should be picked up at the scheduled time.
- Athletes should bring their own water containers that are clearly labeled with their name. A 24 oz bottle will be provided to athletes as they are available. As with many things, we are waiting on deliveries of items due to Covid related delays.
- Parents are not allowed to enter the building (unless an emergency situation) and should keep their distance from any athletes and coaches. Please follow social distancing guidelines from the CDC.
- It is important that athletes and parents follow the guidelines once releases in order to ensure we have a fall sports season. We believe following the guidelines will decrease the risk of exposure to all and prevent an outbreak at Clinton Prairie.
- Students who do not attend Clinton Prairie during the school day (IF virtual schooling is even an option) will not be eligible for athletics or any other extra curricular activity.
- Athletes and coaches can wear masks if they choose to do so, but will not be required if the plan is approved in it’s current form.
There will be additional policies and procedures put in place by each sport which will either be covered in the document or by the coaches. However, I wanted to get some of this out there to help athletes and parents prepare for the upcoming return to athletics. Our coaching staff and athletic department are excited to be opening doors and welcoming our kids back to school. We have missed them greatly.
- Prairiettes: Tryouts Saturday, July 18th, 9-11am
- Boys Basketball: Workouts- Tuesday/Thursday 12:30-3:00pm, Conditioning- Wednesday 12:30-2:30
- Girls Basketball: Workouts- Monday/Wednesday 10:00am-12:00pm, Conditioning- Monday/Wednesday/Thursday 8:30-10:00am (with Volleyball)
- Volleyball: Workouts- Monday/Thursday 6:00-8:00pm, Conditioning- Monday/Wednesday/Thursday 8:30-10:00am (with Girls Basketball)
- Football: Workouts- Monday/Thursday 7:30-9:30am, Conditioning- Tuesday 7:30-9:30am
- Cross Country: Workouts- Tuesday/Friday 8:00-10:00am, Conditioning- Monday/Wednesday/Thursday 8:00-10:00am
- Girls Golf: Open Hitting- Tuesday/Thursday 10:00am-12:00pm, Conditioning- Monday/Wednesday 10:00am-12:00pm
- Cheerleading: Workouts Tuesday/Thursday 10:00am-12:00pm, Conditioning- Wednesday 10:00am- 12:00pm
Coach Information- Please feel free to contact them if you are not receiving information from them already through regular team communication (Group Me, Remind, Band, Facebook, etc). I know many are in the process of preparing to send information out to their team but are waiting on approval of the “Return to Play” document.
- Cheer: Kayla Scott, email@example.com
- Prairiettes: Amber Pletch, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys BB: Chad Peckinpaugh, email@example.com
- Girls BB: Amie Anthrop, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Football: Raymond Jones, email@example.com
- Volleyball: Lindsay Charles, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Country: Byron Garrett, email@example.com
- Girls Golf: Jim Cullom, firstname.lastname@example.org
In closing, we are all navigating uncharted territory right now. The success of our plan will depend on coaches, athletes, parents, and everyone else associated with athletics to do their best to follow the guidelines set forth. We all want sports to return, and following the guidelines will help ensure that they do. As always, if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me via email (email@example.com).