Here are the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics…
- The Girls Golf team finished their season at the Lafayette Sectional this past weekend, finishing in 9th place. The girls return all players next year as they seek to improve their placing in county, conference, and Sectionals.
- The Volleyball team won matches against Tri-County and Sheridan before losing to Pike last week. The win over Sheridan put the Gophers at 1-0 in the conference season. This past weekend Prairie competed in the Lafayette Jeff Invitational and finished 1-3, defeating the host Bronchos. This week the girls host Central Catholic on Tuesday at 6pm for a Varsity only contest, travel to Tri-Central on Wednesday, and play at Frankfort on Thursday.
- The Cross Country teams competed in the New Prairie Invite this past weekend with the girls finishing in 21st place while the boys finished in 9th. This week the runners will compete in the Clinton Central Invitational on Saturday.
- The Football team lost on Homecoming to Sheridan on Friday Night despite showing tremendous improvement. This Week the Gophers travel to Delphi for another HHC game.
- The JH Football team picked up a win over Tri-Central this past week and host Sheridan on Tuesday at 6pm.
- The JH Volleyball has a big week ahead of them as they host Frankfort tonight, travel to East Tipp for a 5:45pm contest on Wednesday, travel to Carroll on Thursday, and then host the County Tourney on Saturday.