Here are the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics…
- The Football team defeated Taylor 60-6 last Friday night and will now play Indianapolis Manual this Friday night at home! Our original opponent (Carroll) was unable to play this week. The Football Sectional draw will be held tonight. The Gophers are in the same sectional as Clinton Central, Central Catholic, Traders Point, Carroll, Frontier, Tri-County, and North White.
- The Volleyball played well Tuesday night in a 3-0 sweep over Delphi. The Lady Gophers host Clinton Central tonight at 6pm. The team will also host the Prairie Invite on Saturday. Each team is restrcited to 25 fans each. All fans looking to attend the games must have a ticket voucher in order to purchase a ticket. Vouchers were given to the team to distribute to parents. The Volleyball team will also compete in the Rossville Sectional next week. The girls are scheduled to play the first game on Thursday night against Fountain Central.
- The Cross Country teams competed in the HHC Meet last weekend. All HHC honors were awarded to Tony Perez, Neven Chasteen, and Zoe Beard. This Saturday the runners will compete in the Harrison Sectional at the Tippecanoe Amphitheater. Spectator restricitions are four people per athlete competing.
- All athletes planning on participating in a winter sport should make sure a physical is on file in the athletic department and an account has been set up on FinalForms (https://clintonprairie-in.finalforms.com) in order to be eligible to participate.
- A reminder masks are required when indoors!
Have a great week and GO GOPHERS!