Here are the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics…
- The Boys Basketball team went 2-0 on the week to improve their overall record to 2-1 on the season. The Gophers defeated Indianapolis Metro 47-40 on Friday at home before picking up a road victory at Seeger on Saturday night. This week the Gophers will host Delphi on Friday and travel to WeBo on Saturday night. Friday night is Senior Night for the Cheerleaders and Prairiettes. The Sheridan game has been rescheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 10.
- The Girls Basketball team suffered their first loss of the season on Thursday night against McCutcheon after defeating Fountain Central earlier in the week. The girls were also scheduled to play at Sheridan on Saturday but was canceled due to Sheridan shutting down their entire athletic department through Christmas. The game will be made up but no date has been set at this time. This week the girls host Tri-Central on Tuesday before traveling to Lafayette Jeff on Thursday. Saturday’s opponent (Hamilton Heights) needed to cancel and we are looking for an opponent.
- The Wrestling team opened their season at the Winamac Super 8 on Saturday. The Gophers finished 1-4 on the day as a team. Junior Drew Duarte claimed an individual championship finishing 5-0 on the day. This weekend the Gophers will host McCutcheon and West Lafayette for a triple dual meet that starts at 9AM. This replaces the CP Wrestling Invite originally scheduled for this date.
- Both Junior High Boys Basketball teams were dominant in the County Tournament this weekend hosted by Rossville. The 8th Grade Gophers remained undefeated against Clinton County opponents in their Junior High careers while the 7th Grade showed their potential this weekend as well. Congratulations to both teams, players, and coaches!
- Upcoming Senior Nights:
- Prairiettes and Cheerleaders: Friday, Dec. 11 vs. Delphi
- Boys Basketball: Saturday, Dec. 19 vs. Faith Christian