Here are the latest news and notes from Prairie Athletics…
- A special thank you to Brian Roberts (Class of ’87) for organizing our first annual men’s alumni basketball game. We appreciate all those alumni who were able to make it back and look forward to making this an annual event. Kale Morris was the unofficial MVP and scored a game high 27pts to lead the black team to victory.
- Congratulations to our Lady Gopher Softball team who revenged two losses earlier in the season and claimed the Clinton County Championship. Prairie defeated Frankfort 8-2 and Rossville 6-5 on the day. The Lady Gophers also picked up wins over Carroll and Attica earlier in the week. This week the Gophers host WeBo on Monday, Clinton Central on Tuesday, and travel to Sheridan on Friday.
- The 2A #6 Gopher Baseball team went 3-2 on the week. After smoking WeBo on Monday, the boys dropped a pair of games at 2A #8 Carroll. The Gophers responded with two dominant wins over 2A #10 Eastern on Saturday. This week Prairie plays host to Clinton Central on Tuesday (Senior Night), travels to Central on Wednesday, and finishes an in progress game against Rossville on Friday.
- The Track and Field teams competed in the Clinton County Meet this weekend at Frankfort. The Girls team just missed claiming a county championship while the boys finished 4th. Champions on the day included Kaylee Wall (Shot), Kylee Maish (High Jump, Long Jump, 100M Dash, 200M Dash), Tynlie Neal (Pole Vault), and the Boys 4x100M Relay team of Drew Duarte, Cayden Davis, Kade Osborn, and Drew Blacker. Both teams will compete in the HHC Meet this Friday at Carroll.
- The Boys Golf team picked up a victory over Carroll Friday night, shooting their lowest round as a team this year. Senior Wes Whitlock and Junior Logan McDonald both turned in a round of 48 to pace the Gophers. Noah Townsend and Jack Stillwell both turned in personal bests on the day. This week the team will host North Montgomery on Wednesday and participate in the Covington Invite on Saturday.
- Sectional draws came out yesterday for Baseball and Softball. Both teams are in the Delphi Sectional with boys drawing Central Catholic and the girls drawing Seeger.